Top 10 Natural Remedies to Treat Hair Loss
Hair fall is the common problem that most of people across the world deals with. Losing about 50-100 strands of hair per day is quite normal. However, if you are experiencing severe hair loss then it's something to worry about and may affect self-esteem especially for women. There could be many reasons of hair fall.
The most common reasons for hair fall can be –
Hair loss that is caused due to genetic is known as androgenetic alopecia and is known to be the most common cause of hair loss. The gene can be inherited from either from your mother's or father's side of the family, though you're more likely to have it if both of your parents had hair loss.
. Hormonal Imbalance
Hormone Imbalance affect our hair growth drastically. This is usually caused by excessive dihydrotestosterone (DHT) conversion in our body. If our hormones are fluctuating in our body there are huge chances that our hair will become thin and may fall due to this reason.
Extreme stress in our body can cause sudden hair loss which could last for several months. Minimizing stress through exercise, meditation, yoga and through massages will reduce the chances of experiencing the hair loss.
Certain medications may cause side effects causing a severe hair loss. Some of the blood thinners, anti-depressants, cholesterol-balancing drugs etc. are the common triggers that may cause hair fall.
. Nutritional Deficiencies
Deficiencies of various minerals and vitamins such as iron, proteins, copper, zinc, vitamin D, B12, B6 etc. may also cause excessive loss of hair. So in order to avoid this, make sure to get out and soak up some sun.
Hair loss can also be a tragic symptom of auto-immune diseases. If you are too vulnerable to cold and flu, you may find yourself on the path of hair fall or baldness as well.
Radiation in chemotherapy and other forms cause hair to fall off, not only from your head, but also from other parts as well. The biggest drawback to this kind of hair loss is due to radiation usually hampers hair growth as well.
Natural Tips for Controlling Hair Loss -
. Egg Mask
Eggs are the rich source of sulphur, phosphorous, selenium, iodine, zinc and protein. All of these together help to promote hair growth and reduce hair fall. Therefore, if you wish to prevent hair fall, it is important to apply it more directly to your hair.
To prepare the egg mask- 1. Separate one egg white in a bowl and add a teaspoon each of olive oil and honey in it. 2. Beat to make a paste and apply it all over from root to tips on your hair. 3. After 20 minutes, rinse your hair with a mild shampoo.
Try this natural remedy once a week to stop hair fall and notice the change in the overall health of your hair.
. Coconut Milk
One of the leading cause of hair fall as mentioned earlier is dry scalp. So, in order to nurse your hair follicles back to health, you can use coconut oil or even coconut milk. As this has the protein and essential fats in it which promote hair growth and prevent hair loss. As coconut milk will reverse dryness and make your tresses smooth and shiny.
To prepare the milk
1. Grate a medium-sized coconut and simmer the coconut in a pan for five minutes. 2. Strain and cool.
3. Then add one tablespoon each of crushed black pepper and fenugreek seeds to the coconut milk.
4. Apply this on your scalp and hair. 5. After 20 minutes, rinse your hair with a shampoo.
. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another reason for hair fall apart from dryness could be clogged hair follicles. This can be due to dirt and bacteria which can clog the follicles of your hair and prevent the natural oils from reaching them. To prevent or fix this problem, it is essential to unclog the hair follicles. To unclog the hair follicles post a hair wash, give your scalp and hair an apple cider vinegar and water rinse as this home remedy will unclog pores and promote hair growth.
. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is an effective home remedy for hair fall and to boost hair growth. Aloe Vera is also very effective in reducing problems of scalp like itching and flaking. As Aloe Vera allows the hair follicles to grow healthier, softer and shinier.
To use Aloe Vera
1. Take the stalk of Aloe Vera and extract the pulp from it. 2. Apply this pulp to your hair and scalp and leave it for about 45 minutes. 3. Rinse with normal water. You can do this three to four times a week to see better results.
. Onion Juice
The antibacterial properties of onions help fight against scalp infections, while the sulphur content improves circulation of blood to the hair follicles. Onion Juice promotes the hair growth and controls loss of hair.
To prepare the Onion Juice
1. To extract onion juice, grind the onion and then squeeze out the juice from it. 2. Dip the cotton ball in the onion juice and apply it on your scalp. 3. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off using normal water and a mild shampoo. 4. Follow this procedure once a week and see the benefit of the remedy.
. Amla Indian Gooseberry or Amla is another effective home remedy to stop hair loss. As one of the causes of hair fall is the deficiency of Vitamin C. So, consuming Amla will strengthen the hair follicles and help you to control the hair fall. Amla also has anti-inflammatory and the exfoliating properties, which help promote faster growth of hair, maintain a healthy scalp and prevents premature greying.
To use of Amla 1. Mix the lime juice and the Amla powder to make a paste. 2. Massage this paste on your scalp and hair. 3. Use a shower cap to cover your head so that the paste does not dry out. 4. Keep this for an hour and then rinse it off with normal water.
. Jojoba Oil
The scalp which has severe and prolonged dryness often results in dandruff, poor hair lustre and increased hair loss. One of the great natural hair loss treatment involves using of jojoba oil to moisturize the scalp’s hair follicles, which makes new hair healthy and strong. This oil also help hair cells reproduce faster and fortunately doesn’t leave behind any greasy residue after being washed out.
To use of Jojoba Oil
1. Warm a few drops of the oil in your hands. 2. Massage this oil on your scalp and hair. 3. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off using your usual shampoo. 4. Apply normal conditioner on your hair to make your hair look shinier.
. Beetroot Juice
Beetroot are the rich source of Vitamins C and B6, folate, manganese and potassium. All of these are essential for healthy hair growth. Besides all of these benefits it also acts as a detoxification agent by helping keep the scalp clean.
To use of Beetroot Juice
1. Boil 7-8 beetroot leaves and grind this with 5-6 henna leaves to make a paste of these two. 2. Apply this paste on your scalp and leave it for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek or Methi seed are among the most effective home remedies to stop the hair loss. Fenugreek Seeds repairs the hair follicles and helps in re-growth of the hair.
To use of Fenugreek Seeds
1. Soak the fenugreek seeds overnight in the water. 2. Grind it to make a fine paste and apply it to your hair and scalp. 3. Leave this paste on your head for about 25-30 minutes. 4. You can cover your scalp using a shower cap to keep your hair moist. 5. After 30 to 40 minutes, rinse your hair with normal water. 6. Do not use any shampoo to clean this paste from your hair. 7. Do this twice a week for a month for control hair loss.
. Greek Yoghurt and Honey
The scalp which has severe and prolonged dryness often results in dandruff and increased hair loss. Greek Yoghurt and Honey remove the dryness from your hair and help in hair growth on your scalp.
To use of Greek Yoghurt and Honey
1. Mix 2 tablespoons of Greek Yoghurt with 1 tablespoon of Honey and lemon in a bowl and make a paste. 2. Apply this paste on the scalp and roots using a dye brush. 3. Leave this paste on your hair for 30 minutes before rinsing with cold water. 4. Apply this paste once a week and see the benefit.
#NaturalHairCareTips #HairFallSolution #HairGoals2020 #HealthyFats #AmritsariaBlogs #DietaryFiber #DryHairRemedy #HairCareTips #HairFollicles #HairGrowthRemedies #HairGrowthTips #HairLossPrevention #HairProblems #HealthyHairSolutions #NaturalHairGrowth #ScalpHealth